- The first 20,000 copies have already been published and will be released through the Catalonian network of public hospitals, private health centers and associations of cancer patients.
- A large team of nutrition and cancer specialists and experts has contributed to this project, coordinated by Nestlé Health Science.
Barcelona March 9, 2012 – The Catalonian minister of Health, Boi Ruiz, has chaired the official presentation of a dietetic and nutritional guidelines on oncology, a practical guide that provides nutritional patterns for patients undergoing cancer treatment (chemotherapy and / or radiotherapy). A large team of experts in nutrition and cancer has collaborated with the publication, boosted by journalist and writer, Susana Frouchtmann, and coordinated by Nestle Health Science.
from left to right:
- Clara Joaquim, Specialist Doctor at the Clinical Nutrition and Diet Unit at the Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital
- Walter Molhoek, Country Business Manager of Nestlé Health Science in Spain
- Boi Ruiz, Catalonian Minister of Health
- Dr. Carles Constante, General Manager for Regulation, Planning and Healthcare Resources of the Catalan Health Department
- Susana Froutchmann, journalist and writer. She is the promoter of the Guide.
After the opening act by the minister of Health, Boi Ruiz, Dr. Carles Constante, general manager for Regulation, Planning and Healthcare Resources of the Catalan Health Department, took the floor followed by the author of the guide, Clara Joaquim, Specialist Doctor at the Clinical Nutrition and Diet Unit at the Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital.
In addition, Susana Frouchtmann explained her personal experience and how it has led her to promote the project. Finally, Walter Molhoek, Country Business Manager of Nestlé Health Science in Spain, expressed his commitment to nutrition and his satisfaction with the company's involvement in the development of the nutritional guide. He also showed his willingness to extend this initiative to other regions of Spain.
An Ambitious Distribution
Distribution of the Dietetic and nutritional guidelines on oncology through the Catalonian network of public hospitals, private health centers and associations of cancer patients, guarantees that the publication will reach all patients in the region undergoing chemotherapy and / or radiotherapy. Given the high incidence of nutritional problems encountered among cancer patients and its serious consequences, the aim of this publication is to provide nutritional guidelines, improve the quality of life of patients and minimize some of the complications from medical treatment such as immunosuppression or loss of muscle mass.
20,000 copies of this nutritional guide have been published in a first phase (in Spanish). Full information is available on the Spanish website of Nestlé Health Science,www.nestlehealthscience.es.